RAID Question

Net Llama! netllama
Thu Aug 19 09:26:41 PDT 2004

Hardware RAID & software RAID normally do not mix, or have any
dependencies on one-another.  So if you're trying to setup a hardware RAID
array, then SW RAID shoudln't be in the picture at all.

All of my experience with HW RAID has been with SCSI drives, however i
think you should still see a single logical RAID device in the OS, and not
the physical drives.

You didn't really say what kind of RAID you're trying to setup.  0, 1?
Also knowing what kind of controller you have would be useful.