List Reply-To is set to the senders address

Kurt Wall kwall
Fri Aug 13 12:56:51 PDT 2004

In a 2.8K blaze of typing glory, David A. Bandel wrote:

> This was easy.  When everything went "bang" it took a lot of poking
> around to fix.
>
> Still not sure what happened or why, but basically, Python uses pickle
> files (why every idiot thinks he has to recreate the db hash wheel is
> beyond me, db hashes I can unhash and manipulate, no clue how to do that
> with pickle files).  The pickle file for the list itself got corrupted
> (no idea how, but the file had a bunch of @ and that was all).  While
> mailman keeps a backup (config.pck.last), that backup was overwritten
> with the garbage from the forward file (thanx, mailman, way to go on
> error checking).

Yup. DB has files Just Do The Right Thing. Mailman has some nice
features, but you're married to the silly thing once you've got
lists running on it.

[deletia]

> And we're back in business.  But I hate mailman.  And the mailman list
> was no help at all because I didn't have simple "how do I change the
> password" type questions.  Oh well.

I got some snippy answers about migrating list configurations from one
system to another. A quick look at the archives for the Mailman lists
didn't help except to confirm my initial impression of the list.

Kurt
--
There are many intelligent species in the universe.  They all own
cats.