xfce questions

Collins Richey erichey2
Wed Aug 11 22:11:30 PDT 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:17:21 -0400 Chris Kassopulo <ckasso at sprynet.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 07:21:57 -0600
> Collins Richey <erichey2 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > 1. Is there any way to have xfce4 automatically startup my desired programs
> > on the desired desktop? The only facility that I'm aware of would start all
> > of them on the same desktop.
> >

> xfce3 had the perfect behavior: when you closed it the applications, window
> size and screen position were retained for the next startup.  I too am
> searching for the way to heaven.  It is the only missing feature.

Just to reiterate, I'm not even interested in the xfce3 behavior os session
management (saving off status for next restart). All of that is dependant on the
application. Applications like mozilla/firebird won't restart (even under kde).
I just want the ability to do 'run program on desktop n'.

--
 /\/\
( CR ) Collins Richey