Installing WP8.X in SuSE 10.3 64-Bit
metapsych at earthlink.net
Sat May 24 19:29:19 PDT 2008
I'm posting this how-to I put on the Corel WP/Linux newsgroup since
there are some WP8 users on the list.
WP8 performance in a SuSE 64-bit environment is stunning, even with a
modest 1.8 gHz Core 2 Duo system.
1. Install SuSE 10.3 64-bit with "32-bit Runtime Environment"
2. Download* and install shlibs5-2001.7.29.40.i386.rpm and
3. Edit /etc/ld.so.conf and add: /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib ;
run command: ldconfig
4. Run command: mkdir /usr/X11R6/lib/X11
5. Create symlink: ln -s /usr/share/X11/locale /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale
6. Copy WP8.1 and fonts TAR's to / (the very top of the file system,
NOT to /root!) and untar (tar -xvzf)
7. CD /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1; run command: type1inst
8. Run command: /usr/bin/mkfontdir
9. Run command: /usr/lib/wp8/shbin10/wpfi
10. Create desktop icon (a WP icon is provided) with xwp as the command.
Notes: For WP8 (with script installer) steps 1-5 suffice.
Back in the good old days YAST took care of step 3; with the current
releases this step must be done manually.
WP8.1 installs its fonts were OO can find and use them. This means you
can import a WPD into OO with the original font(s).
Shlibs5 was last included with SuSE 9.0; subsequent releases don't have
it. I used shlibs5 from my SuSE 8.0 and it works fine.
Leon A. Goldstein
Powered by Libranet 2.8 Debian Linux
More information about the Linux-users