Hans Reiser charged with murder

Kurt Wall kwall
Tue Mar 13 08:12:43 PDT 2007

On Monday 12 March 2007 18:15, Collins Richey wrote:
> On 3/12/07, Man-wai CHANG <mwchang at i-cable.com> wrote:
> > Net Llama! wrote:
> > > It ain't looking good for Hans...
> > > http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,72931-0.html?tw=wn_index_7
> >
> > I wonder how the detectives test Mr. Reiser's honesty/guilt .... :)
>
> Me, too! In America a person is supposed to be innocent until proven
> guilty, but most people agree with the other posters on this list -
> guilty unless you can prove your innocence beyond the shadow of a
> doubt.

Spare me the posturing. Strictly speaking, OJ is both not guilty (because he
was found do during his criminal trial) and guilty (because he was found
liable at his civil trial). You can believe he's innocent if you want,
but "not guilty" just means there wasn't sufficient evidence to find him
guilty. In Reiser's case, I'm just behaving like an ignorant rube and
offering an opinion based on the circumstantial evidence we've seen.