NFS problems, mac & linux

ejbr@comcast.net ejbr
Wed Aug 25 20:29:05 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 08:17 pm, Bill Campbell wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2004, ejbr at comcast.net wrote:
>
> >Anyway, the Mac drive is formatted using UFS, I just looked and UFS is
> > not set in the kernel.  Given the latest GLSA (Gentoo, sorry), I'm
> > about to recompile a new kernel with UFS support, and I'll see if
> > that's it.  I hope so.
>
> The drive formatting on the OS X box shouldn't matter when it's
> exported (the default OS X file system could cause problems as
> it's case insensitive).  I have a 120GB external firewire hard
> drive on my G4 that I access via NFS from several Linux machines,
> and the G4 also mounts Linux and FreeBSD file systems via NFS.

Evidently it doesn't matter to the Linux kernel, either:  From the kernel
help stuff:

"If you only intend to mount files from some other Unix over the
network using NFS, you don't need the UFS file system support (but
you need NFS file system support obviously)."

No one has even a hint for my orignal post?

--
Ed Jabbour