My List of commonly used apps - What's everyone else using?

James McDonald james
Tue Aug 24 17:07:35 PDT 2004

Tim Wunder wrote:

> On 8/24/2004 5:17 PM, I believe that James McDonald wrote:
>
>> Net Llama! wrote:

>>> me
>>>

>> LOL, Yes sometimes it's just better to do ./configure && make && make
>> install
>

> Only if you want to make rpm useless...
> Why use a distro if you don't use the distro tools?
> At least use checkinstall, or roll your own rpm....

Damn is that why I keep getting trapped in rpm dependency hell? ;) I
just had a look at the checkinstall website and I think I might start
having a look at it...

I started using apt for updating my boxes, can't seem to get into yum
because of the blinking granular header download... The only time I've
been back to ./configure is when I'm trying to enable a specific feature
in a package.