Suse 9.o & sounf

Alma J Wetzker almaw
Fri Aug 20 19:20:16 PDT 2004

Bob Hemus wrote:
> This ol' gent has a problem ( actually a lot more tan one).  A couple of
> months ago some one was having trouble with ALSA.  After I bought my box
> I found the "Linux Ready Computer" had an unfriendly Linux mobo, at
> least for Suse.  The damned sound is in the mobo, but YaST says AlSA is
> installed and is configured.  I don't get any sound.  I can't locate the
> earlier thread.  Or, was it related to Suse?  Any Ideas?  If it is a
> mobo problem can I stick my old Ensonic board in it?  It worked on my
> old Pentium and all of Caldera from 1.3 to e2.4?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Bob

If you have an extra sound card that likes linux, I would use it.  I remember
on SuSE 8.2 Pro that the install enabled the mobo sound and tried to configure
two sound devices.  Try disabling the mobo sound and put the old card in, YaST
should pick it up just fine.  (I really like the Ensoniq cards.)

     -- Alma