Cdrecord Borken ....

Ben Duncan ben
Fri Aug 20 10:01:45 PDT 2004

Ok, I did a CLEAN Slack 10 install on a machine that had
Slack 9 working on it. I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.8.1
and got a GOOD compile.

Then CDRECORD borked on me. I have a IDE CD/RW 52X recorder on
device hdd and a DVD/CDR on device hdc.

I have download the latest cdrtools from freshmeat and install
per instructions. Trying to record a "audio" disk results in
repeating "musical" scales (no, this is not what the songs are ;> ).

cdrecord -scanbus shows:

scsidev: 'ATA'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Open by 'devname' is unintentional and not supported.
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open 'ATA'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.

Any Ideas on this one?

--
Ben Duncan   - VersAccounting Software LLC 336 Elton Road  Jackson MS, 39212
"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"