Laptop touchpad

Kurt Wall kwall
Wed Aug 18 19:13:13 PDT 2004

In a 1.0K blaze of typing glory, Tim Wunder wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 August 2004 6:54 pm, someone claiming to be Kurt Wall wrote:
> > In a 0.5K blaze of typing glory, Tim Wunder wrote:
> > > When using my IBM R40 laptop under WinXP, I can use the touchpad to
> > > left-click by tapping it, and can scroll with it by running my finger
> > > down the right sight. Under linux (Fedora Core 2), I can only use the
> > > touchpad for moving the mouse around.
> > >
> > > How can I add functionality to the touchpad under linux?
> >
> > I'm sure that whatever the process entails, it will involve waving
> > chicken feet over the touchpad. ;-)
>
> Damn, I've been told I have chicken legs, but, sadly, no chicken feet :-(

In the interests of being more helpful, if it uses a Synaptics touchpad,
you'll probably need the Synaptics driver. I don't know if it is a stock
part of FC2's X distribution. There's a link to a driver for it here:
http://www.tuxmobil.org/touchpad_driver.html

Kurt
--
The modern child will answer you back before you've said anything.
	-- Laurence J. Peter