How to install SuSE Pro 9.1 from secondary DVD

Leon Goldstein metapsych
Mon Aug 16 13:01:14 PDT 2004

M. W. Chang wrote:

>>I think an obvious way to achieve this is by opening my computer and
>>> change the master/slave order of Cd-RW and Dvd... but wonder if there is
>>> a way to do this.
>>

>I don't think the BIOS was designed to selectively boot between 2 CDROM.
>Take the hardware approach, make the DVD your primary.

My Intel 850 motherboard BIOS polls both drives (master CD-RW and slave DVD) for a bootable disk.

Getting back to the original question, you can make three boot floppies from your DVD.  After booting from the floppies, you should be able to select your installation drive.
--
Leon A. Goldstein