glibc recompile?

Jerry McBride mcbrides9
Wed Aug 11 15:32:47 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 11 August 2004 08:07 pm, you wrote:
> In a 0.7K blaze of typing glory, Jerry McBride wrote:
> > Has anyone here done a glibc recompile using -Os optimize switch?
>
> Nope.
>
> > I'm contemplating giving it a try, but if someone else has the
> > experience, I'd like to hear from you.
>
> Let us know how it goes, eh?
>
> Kurt

It was no big deal, perhaps a waste of time actually. Over all the resultant
binary(s) are about 25% smaller than those compiled with -O2 and over all
performance has been the same as before. Now what I was hoping for...

All in all, it's great if you are trimming the fat on a low resource laptop,
etc...

Cheers.